Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Ketchup Song.

I help out one of my friends by making a powerpoint with music on it for our college ministries. The youth minister I work with found out about this and decided to help me out by giving me all the youth slides to help me cut down time while making it. I was looking through for a particular song last week when an unusual song name caught my eye.


The Ketchup Song
So pick me up and take my cap off Lord
Won't you turn me upside down
Take you hand and WHACK my backside Lord
And pour me on the ground
'Cause I wanna be filled with your Spirit
I wanna be useful and free

But I can't be filled with Your Spirit
'Til I'm empty of me

I'm like a bottle of ketchup with the slow pourin' blues
In the race to come empty, you know I don't want to lose
I'm like a jar of molsaaes, on a January night
Though you try to remove me, I'm holding on too tight
I'm like a thick, rich milkshake, with a skinny little straw
though you try to extract me, I won't come out at all

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karlen, thanks for commenting on my blog! See, this is why I love blogging. I never woke up this morning thinking I was going to read a new song about ketchup, but just as my day is ending, it happens. Good times.

    ReplyDelete