Thursday, September 30, 2010

Not My Typical Blog Post

There's a crispness in the air that one can just feel as October creeps towards us. For the last few nights, I've gotten home with a chill in the air, a feeling that my fleece will become a permanent piece of my everyday wardrobe soon and a pumpkin spice latte on my mind. (I've never had one, but I really enjoy the smell.) Another thing fall makes me think of is the countless football games I've gone over the years to see my friends play or watch a game with my friends.

Most of my friends know I'm not a huge football fan. I don't go to many sports event period. I do however enjoy going from time to time. I went to the Aggies football game a couple of weeks ago with Elley, our new student director at the church. That game was simply delightful. For those that don't know, Elley is from Kentucky and still learning about Aggieland, which made the game even more enjoyable.

I'm pretty sure no one expected me to write about football this morning. For those of you who don't know, I have a twin sister with down syndrome. Her name is Lori. Lori isn't a big sports girl herself and certainly would never play football, but I saw an article on yahoo the other day that warmed my heart. This is the story of Ike, a boy with downs, and his Varsity football touchdown. Watch the video and read his story. This brought tears to my eyes this morning as it is simply beautiful. These are the football stories I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment