Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Undying Love... for breakfast.

What could be better than pancakes drenched with maple or blueberry syrup, fried eggs and toast buried under the sweetness of a freshly opened jar of blackberry jam, some pieces of bacon so crispy that you pick it up and it crumbles as you throw the pieces into your mouth and a glass of apple juice and a mug of coffee to top it all of? This is only one of the many meals that I would love to wake up to and have the time to fix every morning.

There's something so savory and relaxing about even the thought of a bowl of cheerios and a mug of coffee on the bistro table on my porch while I read the daily newspaper that I don't get at my house. If you have guessed that my college lifestyle doesn't have time for this kind of thing, you are right. In fact, this morning I grabbed two muffins I baked on Saturday night and carried around a cup of yerba mate as I got ready for my 8a.m. class.

I read a blog that is solely pictures of breakfast. The pictures of certain breakfasts the blogger creates cause my mouth to water with the sheer desire to be able to have that kind of time.

Breakfast, I love you.

Here's one of my bests "breakfasts" from this semester so far:

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! Actually, I have a waffle maker and mix coming up with me tomorrow morning. My dad has started this 'obsession' with waffle making and he finds crazy deals on waffle makers. Ha! So we'll have to have at least one waffle night per week from now until the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete