Thursday, March 25, 2010

World Travellin'


Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails. - Proverbs 19:21
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. - Romans 8:28

I feel kind of bad writing on here before calling home and giving the news in. I'll be calling my mom via cellular device once I push publish. Actually, it's close to midnight. I'll call first thing in the morning.

I found out that today I was accepted to the 5 week Global Media Argentina Program that I hoped on for this summer. This means, I'll spend part of my summer in Argentina for sure. Planned? Check. Everything ready to go? Not yet, but it will be.

Perfection, right? Mostly. I need to spend 10 weeks minimum abroad. This means that for the remainder of summer I'll have to be somewhere else. I've chosen a program in Costa Rica that's just classes and I'll be working with a missionary family down there in my free time and in the week before my program starts. I found out today while waiting in one of many offices on campus that it might not happen. No way around it. Over and out.

Right before that though, I'd gone to one of my advisor's offices and the forms I had couldn't be signed by her first which is actually how I ended up in the other office. I ended up hanging out in the office for a bit and in passing asked my advisor a question about if it was probable to be interning a missionary for credit. I ended up telling her a bit about the mission organization and the missionaries I'd be working with. Guess what? It doesn't matter if the program passes through the system. I'll have myself a missionary internship in Costa Rica.

I'm not sure if you're supposed to necessarily pray for wrecked plans with how you'd really like God to wreck your plans, but if this is what God's going to wreck them for, well, BRING ON THE WRECKED PLANS LORD! (whatever they may be!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure that I received a call about this either...

    ReplyDelete