Monday, May 24, 2010

Supervision

I've got a problem with creativity.

It's everywhere around me: photography, painting, arts and crafts, music and Be Kind and Rewind. What's Be Kind and Rewind? It's a film that I'm not even sure what's really intriguing me to still watch it. It is about a video store that all the videos get rewound and erased. These films are redone by the citizens of the town. There's a lot of creativity in this film that is very different than what seems to come out of Hollywood nowadays, except it's from 2008. I'm enjoying it despite it being very different than what I normally watch.

So what's the problem with creativity?
I have the desire to paint a mural on the couch over my wall. It's not a good idea. My roommates aren't here. My neighbors are all at work or out of town. I feel like I should have someone supervising this situation so there aren't colors on the wall that weren't there this morning.

Maybe I should go find a coloring book...
Maybe it's a good thing I still can't find my paints?

No comments:

Post a Comment