Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembrance.

Some days, the rain just flows.
Some days, the tears just flow.

Some days, it appears to be one way.
Some days, those appearances fade.

Some days, we will be friends forever.
Some days, we are reuniting in the midst of pain.



Today, is the 8th year after 9.11.01 happened. It's funny.
I remember it like it was yesterday.
I remember I thought Chester was saying an unfunny joke on the bus that morning.
I remember not understanding what was going on.
I remember watching the news.
I remember being in 7th grade.
I remember people leaving to go home for no reason.
I remember how our table of twenty turned into just Liz and I.
I remember watching the news in all of our classes.
I remember Mr. Carol making our history class into a art stress relief period.
I remember being on NASA's property throughout it all.
I remember asking my mom why she didn't come get me.
I remember sitting on the stairs as I watched her call our family.
I remember the crash on repeat on the tv in our kitchen.
I remember fear of the unknown.

I saw my friend Ashley Teague's status on facebook a few minutes ago. Her grandmother has died. This coupled with multiple blogs on 9.11.01 has made me teary-eyed. It was good to reconnect with Ashley a bit. We're hopefully going to a Texas A&M Woman's Basketball game this season together. I can't wait. It'll be just like old times, we'll just be missing two of our favorites: Mamaw and Papaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment