Monday, October 11, 2010

Bad Bull

At Texas A&M, when something's bad it's called "bad bull" Well, let me introduce you to something that I would consider to be bad bull. Skechers has decided to become social justice friendly and sell shoes in order to give another person shoes. Sound familiar? No? What about TOMS Shoes? Does that ring a bell? I hope it does. The Skechers shoes are called Bobs and are a direct rip off of the alpargata style of shoe from Argentina that TOMS has made famous.

I'm excited that Skechers has decided to branch out and become more inclined to social justice issues, I'm just not thrilled they decided to do this with ripping off someone elses' idea.

I found this not so fun fact out thanks to Brad Ruggles' blog where he shed some light on the truth of the issue and provided several links. If you go explore it, be sure to read the comments as they are rather insightful.

Praying to one day have TOMS if they ever fit me...

No comments:

Post a Comment