Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why.

I enjoy writing, I do. That was originally why I got a blog. However, it has turned into something so much more beautiful in my life than just chronicalling what's going on with me or inside my head. I don't just blog, I read several (probably too many) blogs.

I've gotten the question of why I "waste" my time doing so. It's not a waste at all for me. I read a pretty good variety of topics from breakfast foods to urban pranks. Some of my favorite blogs are the ones that catch my attention as they stare into my heart and lay something in front of me that I'm dealing with or have continually dealt with in my life. This happened yesterday.

I'm not going to comment on it. I'm pretty sure it's a topic that everyone can relate to: forgiveness. However, after the quote I am going to quote a majority of what Pete Wilson had to say about it because I believe in what he said and think it would be wrong not to share that with you.

This is an excerpt that Pete posted the following excerpt from Deadly Viper by Mike Foster and Jud Wilhite:


"We made a pact with each other to be people who are fast to forgive. So much of our emotional volatility comes from relationship gone wrong. In the last couple of years, both of us have dealt with severe betrayal by trusted friends and partners. We were deceived and lied to by these individuals and their actions were reprehensible…
You see, when you don’t forgive someone, you let them park in your life forever. These people are like parasites that can suck the life right out of you and allow bitterness to rot you out. If you let these people and their actions haunt your thoughts, emotions,
and spirit, you allow them to continually damage not only you but those around you, too." - Deadly Viper


"I’m not going to pretend like forgiveness is always easy because we all know it isn’t. Some of you have been hurt in ways I can’t imagine. Someone wounded you, or betrayed you or lied to you or maybe cheated you. You’re afraid if you let go of the hurt, they get away with something. And you’re right, to forgive you will pay a high cost. In fact the only thing that will cost you more than forgiveness is not forgiving someone.
I know you want to see them hurt back but that desire is a weight or burden that actually becomes a part of you. You’ll carry that weight from relationship to relationship from season to season and if you carry that bitterness and anger around long enough it will choke the joy out of your life. It will cost you your heart. So be fast to forgive." - Pete Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment