Friday, August 2, 2013

Swirling Around In My Head


I don't feel like doing this. I've got a swirling of thoughts encompassing my mind begging me to go to bed and forget all of them for a later time. I've got work thoughts piquing up with questions on what to do and when. I have health questions begging to know when things will be better and why not yet? I've  got fashion and stores and price tags swirling around in a creative project featuring one of my dearest friends in the world with a complete wardrobe overhaul. I've got thoughts of what's next in this or that TV show with no time to find out. I've got writing to do, blogging to take care of, messages to reply to, posts to create, etc. etc. I've got a book to edit. I've got packing to take care of. When will this or that be ready? I tend to have a ton of things open on my laptop and I guess that's just how my brain works. 

Most of all, I'm looking for rest and to figure out why God won't let me shake the lyrics of Alli Rogers, The Day of Small Things and Zechariah 4:10 where it says, "Do not despise these small beginnings, for the LORD rejoices to see the work begin..." There's surely a lot of work to begin. {Go look up the song, it's totally worth it!}

What's swirling around in your head? What thoughts are you having trouble shaking?

2 comments:

  1. That little voice that says, "You worked and tried all day but you forgot one little thing, so you're still a failure." I hate that voice. Sounds like you're familiar with the dilemma.

    Don't forget: we're in the process of beating that voice once and for all. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks IndyInk. I'm definitely looking to beat that voice one day at a time.

      Delete