Monday, June 6, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It's 2:27AM. I still have nothing in a suitcase. I'm not worried though.

I'm working on getting some electronic issues in order before I leave such as getting my resume off of my laptop desktop. I'm also getting some books downloaded onto my Kindle such as the ESV Study Bible, which weighs approximately 99.9% lighter than the hard copy. I'm also getting some fun books and speaker notes from Kathy. Incredibly excited to put this Kindle to use!

I still can't believe I'll be leaving tomorrow for Costa Rica for 10 weeks. I haven't really mentioned this on the blog much but this summer I am an intern with Greater Commission Ministries with Ted and Gracie Quiocho. I'm super excited.

I've been getting asked one question more than anything else: Are you nervous?

Am I nervous? I'm essentially moving to another country to live with friends of a friend that I barely know for 10 weeks of my life working in a community of people I have never met while being the translator for several teams that will be visiting us. What's to worry about?
NOTHING really.

My biggest concern is that I'm going to lose something on the way down.
Other than that, I'm excited to see what God has prepared for me in Costa Rica.

Guess I should go get something in a suitcase now...

1 comment:

  1. Loooove it! I can't wait to read more about your adventures! They'll certainly be more exciting than mine while I finish up my last semester... blerg. Fly safe!

    ReplyDelete