Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Wish

Today, I wish I woke up before my alarm clock with the ability to cook a wonderful breakfast or at least drive through Chickfila before heading off to my first class of the day. After class I wish I had been able to obtain malaria medicine quickly before sitting down with a good not reading this for school book at a favorite coffee shop while waiting to meet up with a friend to catch up on life. Then, I could have gone to my last class which wouldn't be even 1/2 as terrifying as it is in real life. I would have played a few rounds of Rummicub before going to youth before coming home to sit down to watch a movie before snuggling into my bed.

Today, I woke up before my alarm went off and still only had time to grab a chai tea latte and a chewy bar before heading to school. I rushed around College Station calling around and practically giving up on getting malaria medicine. I sat down in the coffeehouse with a pile of papers to read. This is where I remained inundated in political science game theory with a confused look on my face and tears in my eyes. I went to class. What a waste. I went back to coffeehouse, played 2 rounds of Rummicub while shoveling in dinner before heading to Stacey's to learn game theory. Then, I went back to coffeehouse to read more political science. Now I am home. I want to go to bed. I still have 2 chapters of powerpoint slides to go over before even beginning to study for my Spanish test tomorrow.

What I wish and what is real isn't the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment