Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!

Just got home from spending Christmas Eve with my parents, sister, Uncle Jim and Aunt Polly. It was a lovely evening of chili, presents, love and laughter. We ended the night early so that my aunt and uncle can head to Austin to visit more relatives in the morning. We also tried to beat the storm that is brewing outside. It's almost like a white Christmas, just a little clearer and wet rather than white and fluffy.

Now we're sitting around watching old claymatian favorites. It's such a joy to see The Year Without a Santa Clause rather than the new animated stuff that was on earlier. It's just not the same as the old stuff that I grew up with. I have already seen this classic as I now own it on video, but it's not the same as when it's on TV. Weird, right?

I'm piddling around the internet as we watch and ran across these cute little gingerbread houses on etsy. Aren't they precious? Some of my friends and I tried to make one of our own earlier in December, but ours pale in comparison to this village of beauty. By pale in comparison, I'm pretty sure the roof caved in while making it so many times we finally turned in our icing spreaders and gave up. My favorite is the airtram, but really, who wouldn't have thought that?

No comments:

Post a Comment