Monday, April 12, 2010

Freely Loved, Freely Loving

I don't want to discuss immigration anymore after today. Forget the series that never really started. If you want to discuss immigration, one on one, I'd love to sit down with a cup of joe or facebook chat about it all. However, I just wanted to leave you with a quotation from my friend Mikey because I agree with him 110%. This was from our original discussion about immigration way back in October.

“My biggest fear is when I go before the judgment seat of Christ to have been found lacking - that I didn’t go to the least and the last, that I ignored people outside my own door that need Jesus, like illegal immigrants. We’re supposed to love the criminal. Yeah, they’re illegal immigrants, but Jesus still died for them. His grace is sufficient to cover that. Who are you or I to judge them? By feeding them you’re not offering amnesty, you’re offering love - a love that they might not love, but a love that was freely given to us and a love that we must freely give.” - Michael Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment